Thursday, February 14, 2013

I surrender.

Well, that's it.  I surrender.  I've had enough and I'm throwing in the towel.

To be specific, I've been "working" freelance since quitting my job a few months ago, and it hasn't worked out.

I don't want a job. I've tried that and it's not for me. (In fact I was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks back who had my dream job if there was one and I realized I didn't want it.)  I also don't want to try to manage a freelance practice, I lack the social and organizational skills.  I thought about hiring a manager, like a musician or other performer, and that seemed like a good idea.  Unfortunately it is unlikely that such a person exists or that I could find them if they did.

I do still want to help people with programming, both by teaching it and, to a limited extent, writing software.  I just don't think I'm in a position to make anything happen.  I'm not apathetic just content.

I don't need anything. I have no children, and no wife or girlfriend. I'm capable of living in any major city with a clement climate without using money. (Go on and ask me how, I dare you. Warning: the answer is "I'm fucking magic.")

Really I can't tell you how tempted I am to go sit by the CalTrain Philz Coffee with a sign that says something like, "Any computer question answered, FREE!" and see what happens.

Sadly, I expect nothing would happen.  Mostly I'd be ignored, some people might venture quizzical or bewildered looks, and eventually the police would politely ask me to knock it off, or not. The officers I see frequenting that café seem pretty chill.

If you have a question about computers, post-Singularity life, or "Spiritual Matters" ("WhoooOOOOooooOO!") go ahead and ask me.

Other than that, live long and prosper!

Eternal Life is Living Love.
~Simon Peter Forman

@SimonForman on Twitter
Google+ Profile
 

No comments: